This Abu Simbel day tour by private car (from Aswan) gives you an in-depth look at Ancient Egypt’s grandest temple.
Price: From $75 per person (depending on group size)
Skip the hassle and travel with ease on this day tour to Abu Simbel, one of Ancient Egypt’s most magnificent temples.
Visit this awe-inspiring temple built by King Ramses II on this tour departing from Aswan. Marvel at the two massive rock-cut temples on the banks of Lake Nasser that have become icons of Ancient Egypt.
You’ll be accompanied by an expert guide who’ll bring these temples to life with their history and anecdotes. And they will answer all your questions about these incredible monuments and Ancient Egyptian life.
What’s included in your Abu Simbel day tour:
- Transportation from your cruise or hotel in Aswan in the morning to Abu Simbel in a modern, air-conditioned private vehicle. Enjoy stops whenever you need.
- Services of a private Egyptologist tour guide who’ll take you inside both temples at Abu Simbel and will be with you during the entire tour.
- All entrance fees to the sites.
- A delicious Egyptian lunch where you can sample local dishes.
- Cold bottled water on board.
- Transportation back to your cruise or hotel in Aswan in the evening.
- All service charges and taxes.
Not included: any personal expenses and tips.
About Abu Simbel:
The twin temples were constructed during the 19th Dynasty and feature enormous figures of Ramses II. They are so enormous they can be seen from an airplane!
What’s more amazing is how this entire complex was relocated in 1968 and moved piece by piece to its current location. This massive project was done to save the temples from being submerged by Lake Nasser after the construction of the High Dam.
The temples sit on the banks of the majestic Lake Nasser.